|207 Church Street|
Dr. Hertzler and Anna moved, along with their children, from Ohio to Madison circa 1869. Here they built the ornate house shown at the right. Hertzler also acquired extensive lands of what is today the northwestern portion of Redstone Arsenal, where he built another equally large and impressive house, living in both as the inclination occurred. Dr. John's son Frank Hertzler built the house at 25 Front Street and lived there during his adult life, while also owning arsenal lands.