Built in 1910 by Dea T. Thomas, the style of this home is Queen Anne Victorian. The two-story "T" style features an unusual central entry with a split staircase with a balcony or "open hall." There is a sleeping porch on the second floor rear. The home also has a full front porch. The home has been added to in the rear. In the 1950's, the home was divided into three apartments. The home was later restored to a single home by a previous owner.
Owners Gerald and Peggy Wheeler purchased the home in 1986. It features eleven foot ceilings downstairs and nine foot upstairs. Wide baseboards and bulls eye window and door trim are original to the home. It also features three original fireplaces downstairs. The Wheeler's replaced all three mantels and hearths.